2018 Recertification Voting Period Announced
Balloting Period for School District Employee and State Employee
Annual Certification Elections
October 31 – November 20, 2018
The Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission announced that annual certification election balloting regarding school district unions and State of Wisconsin employee unions will be held from Noon on Wednesday, October 31 through Noon on Tuesday, November 20. Petitions and appropriate filing fee must be received by WERC no later than Monday, September 17, 2018. Your local checks must be turned in to the WEAC Region 7 Office no later than Monday, September 10, 2018.
Voters may choose to vote by telephone or online.
Vote YES to Support Your Colleagues and RECERTIFY
Begins: Noon on Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Ends: Noon on Tuesday, November 20, 2018
The recertification vote is conducted via telephone or online voting.
- Voters who choose to vote online do so by logging onto http://www.aaaelections.org/WERC and following the on-screen instructions for online voting. Make sure you VOTE YES for recertification and submit your vote. Then CONFIRM your vote by selecting “yes” Wait until you are informed that your vote has been successfully processed before leaving the site.
- Voters choosing to call the recertification voting line dial: 1-866-458-9862 (toll free) anytime.
- When prompted, confirm your identity by entering the first 4 letters of your LAST NAME, then the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- You will then be asked “Do you want to continue to be represented by (the name of your current union) for the purpose of collective bargaining?”
- When prompted, VOTE YES to recertify your union; after voting, STAY ON THE LINE. Do not HANG UP until you receive a “thank you” Otherwise your vote is simply not counted and therefore you will need to go back and vote again. The same is true for interrupted calls – you must repeat your call and vote again to be counted.
- Your vote is secret;
All employees in a bargaining unit vote, not just union members;
- The union needs to win 51% of all unit employees to recertify, which means that not voting is the same as voting no. Your colleagues need your support, so please vote YES.
- Employees experiencing trouble using the telephonic or online voting system, can call 1-800-529-5218 during the hours of 10 am to 6 pm Monday-Friday. In addition, please contact your Region Director to let them know, so they can follow-up.
Tailor them for your own Local